The Ultimate Guide to Reducing Breast Size: Natural Remedies and Surgery
Published August 26, 2023
Having a larger breast size for women comes with struggles. Bigger breast size can be painful and inconvenient. It can limit you to things that you want to do. It can also affect your confidence, especially in the way you want to present yourself. It’s becoming more relevant that it is a serious matter.
For the unfortunate side of having larger bosoms, many people wish to reduce them. Thankfully, science has proven all the effective natural and surgical ways to make that happen. Continue reading to unleash the ultimate guide to reducing breast size. We’ll also dive deep into how breast reduction surgery might be the best for you. Let’s start.
Factors That Affect Breast Size
A larger set of breasts results from one or a combination of factors. These are:
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the body goes through significant hormonal changes. It is to accommodate the proper growth of your offspring. These hormonal changes increase the size of the breasts.
Even after breastfeeding is done, women can be left with larger breasts. It then results in disrupting the body proportions. A larger set of breasts can also present a range of medical concerns.
The amount of body fat affects breast tissue and density. For women classified as obese, the development of larger breasts is common.
Your genes play a significant role in ruling your skin elasticity. It also determines your tissue density. Both can impact the size and shape of your breasts. It can also affect the strength of Cooper’s ligament that supports your breasts.
Some medications can influence the size of your breasts. It is due to its impact on general weight gain. For instance, contraceptive pills and injections, alongside hormonal IUDs. All these can increase your breast size. However, it is usually short-term and unlikely to last. Individuals may begin to lose breast fat once they go off their birth control.
How To Reduce Breast Size Naturally?
The breasts are primarily adipose tissue or fat. Reducing body fat can lessen a person’s breast size.
We can lose body fat by using more calories than we eat. Abiding by a healthful diet is helpful too. A low-calorie, nutritious diet can indirectly support to shrink breast size. You can fixate on eating nutrient-dense foods that are low in calories. Fruits, vegetables, and fatty fish like salmon are great examples. You can also incorporate lean meats. These all can make you feel full while supporting healthy weight loss.
Quit highly processed foods. These foods often contain toxic chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides. They can alter your hormonal balance, increasing estrogen levels. When it happens, you’ll have larger breasts.
2. Reduce estrogen
Estrogen has a crucial role in the development of breast tissue. Countering excess estrogen can then lessen breast size. It is especially in people with hormonal imbalances.
Hormonal contraceptives contain estrogen and progesterone. It can make a person’s breasts grow bigger. The effect usually subsides once the person stops taking the medication.
Some research affirms that a person can also reduce estrogen levels via dietary changes. Flaxseed supplements may help regulate estrogen levels. They reduce estrogen expression in the ovaries.
Binding involves wrapping material tightly around the breasts. It is done to flatten them. It will not shrink breast tissue. It also don’t prevent the breast from growing. Binding mainly helps the breasts look smaller. It also makes a person feel more comfortable.
4. Change bra
A bra cannot change breast size. Yet, minimizer bras can create the illusion of smaller breasts. These bras alter the breast shape. It makes them seem flatter. Also, higher on the chest.
Some minimizer bras also offer supportive straps. These help ease back and neck pain. Finding a supportive, well-fitting bra can dramatically improve a person’s comfort level.
Regular exercise aid in shedding chest fat. It also strengthens the muscles underneath the breast to reduce their size. Exercise aids in losing weight. In turn, it reduces breast fat. Breast fat, of which contributes to a larger chest.
What Exercises Can Reduce Breast Size?
Exercise is a very effective and practical way to make your breast smaller. Also, it comes with a whole host of other wholesome benefits. Advantages such as increased energy and better sleep. Here are the best exercises that excel in reducing breast size:
1. Aerobic and cardio exercise
Burning body fat and calories lead to a reduction in the size of breasts. And aero/cardio exercises are a great way to do this.
- Chest press
- Shoulder press
- Side raises
2. Weight training
Combining weight training with aerobic exercises is an effective way to reduce body fat. It also aids in building muscle. More importantly, it decreases fatty tissue in the breast. Weight training, in general, will support you in achieving smaller breasts.
- Dumbbell pullovers
- Dumbell raises
- Face pull
- Dumbell or barbell for your upper back
Swimming is another fantastic type of cardio exercise. It excels in burning calories, and fat, and burning muscles. It is also great for your posture. Keeping a good posture may help prevent your breast from sagging over time.
Yoga involves great exercises that burn calories. It also does so while stretching your muscles and increasing your mobility.
Best Bras To Reduce Breast Size
- Wingslove Women’s Full Coverage Non-Padded Comfort Minimizer Wire-Free Bra. This bra provides full breast coverage. It downplays the appearance of the bust without compromising comfort.
- HSIA Minimizer Bras for Women. These bras offer lifting and support for heavy breasts. They do so while minimizing their size.
- Spanx Low Profile Minimizer Bra. This bra is highly rated for its ability to minimize the breast. It also has a low-profile design for a smooth look under any type of clothing.
- Le Mystère Side Profile Smoothing Minimizer Bra. This bra has a side profile smoothing effect. It helps to shape and reduce the appearance of breasts while providing adequate comfort.
Herbal Remedies To Reduce Breast Size
1. Dietary Flaxseed
Dietary Flaxseed may reduce breast size by supporting weight loss. More importantly, it aids in removing toxins from the body.
Grind one tablespoon of flaxseed and place it in boiling water. You can drink it like tea.
Ginger increases metabolism. It can aid you to lose weight and reduce breast size.
You can grate a piece of fresh ginger and stop it in hot water with honey. Then, drink it as tea. You can also add ginger to meals like stir fries and curries.
3. Green Tea
Green tea is excellent for weight loss. It also has medicinal properties.
You can steep a bag of green tea in boiling water. Drink a cup or two each day. Supplementing energy drinks and sodas with green tea will work even better.
4. Turmeric and Neem
Due to inflammation, Turmeric and neem are most effective for nursing women with larger breasts. The two lessen inflammation to alleviate comfort. They reduce breast size.
Supply simmer name leaves in four cups of water until the volume is decreased by half. Pour the concoction into a cup and stir in two tablespoons of Turmeric and honey.
Breast Reduction Surgery: Surgical Way To Reduce Breast Size
Now that we’ve laid out all the natural ways to reduce breast size. It’s time to discuss a permanent surgical solution that will bring lasting comfort to smaller breasts.
Breast reduction surgery or reduction mammaplasty removes fat, breast tissue, and skin from the breasts. It eases discomfort. It creates a better appearance for those struggling with larger breasts. This procedure also aids in improving self-image. Further, it enhances one’s ability to take part in physical activities.
How Does Breast Reduction Work?
Almost breast reduction surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis. It is done with the help of general anesthesia. General anesthesia is a combination of medications called anesthetics. It is used to put you in a sleep-like state before the surgery.
Incisions are made directly along your breasts. Your surgeon will then remove excess fat, skin, and tissues. Afterward, the breasts will be reshaped. Finally, the incisions are closed with sutures. There are different methods for this procedure, such as:
- Vertical (Lollipop) reduction. It involves one incision made vertically from the bottom of your areola to the bottom of your breast folds. It is best suited for moderate breast size reduction. It also works for those with noticeable sagging.
- Inverted T (Anchor) reduction. It involves the use of the same incisions as a lollipop reduction. However, an additional incision was created along the bottom crease of your breasts. It is best for larger-size reductions. It also aids in more prominent breast sagging and asymmetry.
- Liposuction. It is a procedure for slight breast reduction only. It is less invasive and only removes a small amount of fat.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
The choice to undergo breast reduction surgery is usually because of impressive and lasting benefits. Individuals with larger breasts want smaller breasts to alleviate physical discomfort, including:
- Chronic back pain
- Breast pain due to exercise and other activities
- Persistent rashes underneath and between breasts
- Hunched posture
- Difficulties from bras, such as shoulder dents
- Trouble with how certain clothing fits
Furthermore, a breast reduction procedure can assist in soothing emotional distress. It typically occurs with large breasts because of possible physical discomforts you may chronically deal with. All these can improve the quality of life of people undergoing the surgery.
Aftercare of Breast Reduction Surgery: Recovery Time
The aftercare or recovery after breast reduction surgery is critical. It will influence how your breasts look over time. You must know how to take care of your incisions. You should control your pain. And you should be aware of when to resume your lifestyle appropriately. All these will help you obtain the best possible appearance. Also, in reaping all the benefits that follow breast reduction surgery.
- Surgery Follow-up. After your surgery, you will get postoperative instructions. It is necessary for proper healing. The instructions typically include types of medication to apply to the surgical area. Along with oral medications to help in recovery and reduce infection risk. It also contains when to follow up with the surgeon.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects. For several weeks after the procedure, avoid lifting and strenuous activities. It will prevent unwanted bleeding, bruising, and swelling.
- Rest. It is vital to allow your body to recover on its own. Short-term recovery typically lasts around three weeks. Three to six months covers the long-term recovery.
- Get assistance and support. Arrange for someone to drive you home after treatment. Have someone on call to help you for the first two weeks post-op. It will aid in any discomfort and limited mobility.
- Balanced diet and hydration. Eating nutritious foods and consuming enough water will accelerate your healing process.
- Wear a surgical bra. Wearing an improved surgical bra at all times following a breast reduction is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Reduce Breast Size
1. Who are the ideal candidates for breast reduction surgery?
The ideal candidates for breast reduction are the following. Those who are bothered by the feeling of larger breasts. Those who struggle with physical activity due to the size of their breast. Those who suffer back, neck, and shoulder pain caused by larger breast size. Those who suffer from shoulder indentation. One with skin irritation generates a breast crease. Healthy individuals wanting breast reduction are also ideal candidates.
2. Is there any treatment to reduce breast size?
Breast reduction surgery is the ideal treatment for permanently reducing breast size. It also offers lasting benefits to those struggling with larger breasts.
3. How to reduce breast size in 7 days?
Reducing breast size in seven days is not realistic or possible. It’s vital to be cautious of any claims that promise quick results. Breast reduction requires long-term lifestyle changes. In some cases, medical intervention.
4. Will breast reduction surgery also provide a breast lift?
Yes, breast reduction surgery includes a breast lift. It is to address sagging and achieve a more youthful and lifted breast appearance. The procedure removes excess skin. It then allows the remaining breast tissue to be reshaped and repositioned.
You should not tolerate and bear your large breast size. It is if it makes you uncomfortable, insecure, and in pain. At Four Seasons Laser Center, you can get safe and comfortable breast reduction surgery. We are a highly-qualified medical spa. We are composed only of experts in the health and beauty industry.
You’re in excellent hands, and we’re on your side every step of the way with your breast reduction surgery. We want the best for our clients. Book an appointment now.
We Are A Medical Beauty Spa In Boca Raton Florida
Four Seasons Laser Center is a highly renowned med spa in Boca Raton Florida. Our state of the art equipment is run by highly trained and experienced staff so you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We offer laser hair removal services for your whole body, PDO Threads facelift, safe and effective Plasma Fibroblast skin tightening, and other advanced medical beauty services to help you look your best. Contact us now to book a free consultation.
About The Author
I am Tracy Gorman, a skilled writer passionate about creating engaging content. With expertise in various topics like lifestyle, beauty, and health, I can craft valuable articles that provide immense assistance.