Tips On How to Get Rid of Man Boobs and Puffy Nipples
Published February 7th, 2020
Man boobs and puffy nipples are some of the common problems of most men. While it is not harmful to one’s health, it can be uncomfortable and can lower someone’s self-esteem.
If these two condition bothers you, worry no more. There are several ways on how you can get rid of your man boobs and puffy nipples. However, you must know first on what is causing you to have these so you can do the appropriate way of getting rid of it.
What is Gynecomastia and Puffy Nipples?
Gynecomastia, the fancy word for man boobs, is a common condition where both teenage boys and older men’s breasts are larger than usual.
Puffy nipples, on the other hand, are the most common manifestation of gynecomastia where the nipples become a dome-shape in appearance. Treating gynecomastia will result in getting rid of puffy nipples.
What Causes Gynecomastia?
There are several conditions on what causes gynecomastia, and it is crucial to understand each to know what appropriate action you should do to get rid of it.
- Obesity – the breasts are made up of fatty tissues. Thus, too many fats can abnormally enlarge your breasts.
- Hormonal imbalance – this is one of the most common causes of gynecomastia. The hormone called Oestrogen causes breast tissue to grow. While all men have an Oestrogen hormone, too much of it can cause abnormal growth of the breasts.
- Puberty – some boys who hit the puberty stage can experience increased Oestrogen levels, which result in enlargement of the breast. There’s nothing to worry about this since hormonal imbalance due to puberty usually clears up as boys get older.
There are also other rare causes of gynecomastia. These include:
- Side effects of certain medications (e.g., anti-ulcer, antipsychotics, antiretrovirals)
- Use of illegal drugs
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Kidney Failure and liver disease
- Klinefelter syndrome
How to Get Rid of Man Boobs and Puffy Nipples
As mentioned, puffy nipples are a common symptom of gynecomastia. Getting rid of your man boobs means you will also lose those puffy nipples of yours.
Here are some tips that you should follow, so you can now say goodbye to those unwanted man boobs and dome-shaped nipples.
- Exercise – doing exercise helps you to lose fat, and that includes the excess fats in your breasts.
- Wear Compression Shirts – Compression tops are known to reduce man boobs. It looks like a regular t-shirt, but it acts like a girdle.
- Avoid Eating Foods That Are High In Estrogen – estrogen is the hormone that is responsible for sexual and reproductive development. Eating high-estrogen food such as soybeans, tofu, flaxseeds, and many more contributes to having large breasts. So, you might want to avoid that. Try eating foods that are low in calories and rich in nutrients to prevent having man boobs.
- Liposuction – a cosmetic surgery wherein only your breast fats will be removed, but not your breast tissue.
- Mastectomy – an invasive surgery used to remove your breast gland tissue. It is usually used for people who have severe gynecomastia. Mastectomy usually takes about four weeks to recover.
Gynecomastia can damage one’s self-esteem and confidence.
While exercising can help in losing man boobs, some prefer the more comfortable and faster way of getting rid of it. If you are looking for a medical spa that provides high-quality service and excellent results, contact us so we can help you!
We Are A Medical Beauty Spa In Boca Raton Florida
Four Seasons Laser Center is a highly renowned med spa in Boca Raton Florida. Our state of the art equipment is run by highly trained and experienced staff so you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We offer laser hair removal services for your whole body, PDO Threads facelift, safe and effective Plasma Fibroblast skin tightening, and other advanced medical beauty services to help you look your best. Contact us now to book a free consultation.
About The Author
Judy Ponio is a professional writer and SEO specialist. She works hard to ensure her work uses accurate facts by cross checking reputable sources. She is the lead author for several prominent websites covering a variety of topics including law, health, nutrition, and more.