Thread Face Lift: Cost, Results, Pros, and Cons
Published June 3, 2022
Many people have been interested in thread lifts, a non-surgical procedure that uses barbed sutures to lift saggy skin. Many celebrities are believed to use this procedure, which makes for compelling internet videos. However, is thread lifting or “threading” safe and effective?
What is a Thread Face Lift?
Aside from surgery and/or non-invasive procedures such as energy-based devices including lasers, radiofrequency, as well as high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), thread lifts are another minimally invasive treatment option. Thread lift is a method in which temporary sutures are put into your skin in order to raise the face.
It’s a simple process. In order to help pull or “lift” the sagging skin on your face upwards, a temporary supporting framework made of fine threads is formed under your skin. Injecting the threads into areas like the cheeks or nose helps pull back the saggy skin, giving your face a tightened appearance.
How Much Does a Thread Face Lift Cost?
How much you pay for a thread lift depends on where you live, the practitioner’s level of expertise you choose, and how many areas you intend to treat. However, the cost ranges from $50-$5,500, with an average price of $2,050.
Thread lifts can be performed on your jowls, forehead, under-eye area, and eyebrows. You have the option of focusing on a single location or multiple at once, which will increase the overall cost. Moreover, in order to maximize the results of your thread lift, your plastic surgeon may suggest additional treatments or procedures like Botox or Juvederm.
What Happens After a Thread Face Lift Procedure?
Recovery following a thread lift procedure is minimal.
However, despite the fact that you may see some obvious signs of swelling and bruising, it is possible to return to work immediately.
Shortly after the threads are introduced, you should expect to see results, but you may see more after the procedure as the swelling and bruising subsides.
The results of a thread lift are not intended to be permanent.
About 1 to 3 years is the average duration of successful effects.
Like Botox and other dissolvable dermal fillers, your body will absorb the threads used in this surgery over time.
Thread Face Lift Pros and Cons
- Less invasive procedure: No incisions or surgery are required.
- Time-saver: The procedure takes only an average of an hour. As a result, the thread lift method is highly convenient.
- Minimal discomfort: The process is less painful because it is minimally invasive.
- Local anesthesia: Since the operation does not need general anesthesia, it is considered safe for the majority of patients.
- Low recovery period: Side effects, such as mild swelling or redness, typically disappear within 3 to 5 days.
- Temporary results: The results of thread lift operations for the nose or cheeks are temporary.
- Ineffective in severe cases: Thread lifting is ideal for addressing the earliest indications of aging.
- Expensive: Thread lift operations can be expensive over time.
- Less significant results: The results of a thread lift are not as noticeable as those of a conventional facelift.
- Complications: Even though a thread lift procedure is minimally invasive, it requires some cuts and sutures.
- Insertion into the skin: Several patients do not want to put synthetic materials into their bodies.
- Repeated Treatment Consequences: It is not good to keep inserting threads into some patients’ faces.
Have a Thread Face Lift on the First Sign of Aging!
Thread lifts have been in existence since the 1990s, but advancements in the material used for the procedures have contributed to a rise in popularity in recent years.
Individuals in their 30s to 50s are the typical candidates for a thread lift. A generally healthy person and just starting to show indications of aging can benefit most from the subtle benefits of a face thread lift.
(Related: How to Prevent Bruising After Botox?)
We Are A Medical Beauty Spa In Boca Raton Florida
Four Seasons Laser Center is a highly renowned med spa in Boca Raton Florida. Our state of the art equipment is run by highly trained and experienced staff so you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We offer laser hair removal services for your whole body, PDO Threads facelift, safe and effective Plasma Fibroblast skin tightening, and other advanced medical beauty services to help you look your best. Contact us now to book a free consultation.
About The Author
Krizzia Paolyn is a professional writer for several reputable digital magazines and publications. It has always been her passion to share her voice, and at the same time, to encourage other people to speak up. She has a bachelors degree in Psychology.